Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable users in bitbucket cloud?

Anuradha Urabindi May 13, 2021

Can any one help on this.

2 answers

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Thank you @Anuradha Urabindi for the quick reply.

Please try below steps:

• Login into your bitbucket page
  • Click on you avatar which is on your bottom left
  • Click on the respective workspace, your repositories are attached to
  • Then click on members, this will display all the members attached to the specific workspace.
  • Click manage users
  • click on the 'x' button display attached to each member to remove them.

I believe those steps should work. Please check and update on this post.

Hi @G subramanyam I am aware of it.

But, I am looking for disable option.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Urabindi I can't think of any other options. Let's hear from other Atlassian users.

Felice Sorrell July 12, 2021
0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Urabindi welcome to the Atlassian community.

I understand from your query, you would like to disable users in Bitbucket. Simply, revoke the global permissions for those users. By doing so, the users will exist but can't access Bitbucket server.

Alternatively, one of the Atlassian team members Caterina Curti suggested these steps:

Let's start by understanding which User directories are in place. Are all users internal or are you also using external user directories?

After this we want to understand if the users are getting the "licensed" user permission because they are added to the Global Permissions directly as users or via a group they belong to.

If the users are from an external directory and they are licensed users because of a group that they belong to in the external directory, the change will need to be done in the external directory and synchronized in Bitbucket Server.

Checking for user details

For each user, you can check the source directory (internal or external) by accessing the users' list:

<Bitbucket URL>/admin/users

By browsing to each user, you can then see if the user is a "BITBUCKET USER" or UNLICENSED. Simply click on the user name from the user list or browse to the user directly:

<Bitbucket URL>/admin/users/view?name=<username>

Overview of licensed users

We have an article about How do I find which users count against my Bitbucket Server license?. This contains a handy tool to retrieve the full list of licensed users.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Thanks for your response.

But I am looking for Bitbucket cloud.

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events