Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to develop a webhook in bitbucket server

I need to develop a webhook in bitbucket server which would fire when a pull request task is checked/unchecked (since this webhook type is not provided out of the box)

Does anybody know of any documentation/tutorial/code example I could use to start this project with?

Please, don't answer with already available apps, even if they're free.

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 21, 2019

Hi @Javier Perez,

You might want to start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/managing-webhooks-in-bitbucket-server-938025878.html

It looks as thought the documentation outlines what you are looking for in the creating & trigger webhooks sections.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

That documentation would be instructions on how to set webhooks on out of the box provided events, which are

Pull request events

• Opened
  • Approved
  • Unapproved
  • Needs work
  • Merged
  • Declined
  • Deleted
  • Comment added
  • Comment edited
  • Comment deleted

There is no pull request task checked/unchecked event in the list.

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Could you please provide a bit more information about what events you are trying to capture when you say checked/unchecked as it relates to a pull request?

Jimmy,

See the screen-shot below. The webhook I intend would trigger when the check box Sanity Passed changed state (checked<->unchecked which would result in the task state transition OPEN<->RESOLVED)

taskCheckBox.png

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Hi @Javier Perez,

Ok now I understand what you are trying/wanting to accomplish.  I think where you are going to need to start is in the Java API since it looks like you are going to want/need to create a new event to trigger and specifically you will want to look at the PullRequestEvent Class: https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/javadoc/6.7.1/api/com/atlassian/bitbucket/event/pull/PullRequestEvent.html

From there you will want call the new event you have created anytime you check/uncheck the checkbox you have added to the pull request comment.

I hope that helps as a starting point.

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,903 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you