Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine what pull request data changed from pull request updated webhook payload?

Steve Muskiewicz June 3, 2022

I'm looking at the BB cloud event payload for "pull request updated" (https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/event-payloads/#Updated.2) and am trying to figure out if there is something in the payload that provides the data on what fields actually changed?  The docs are not very specific about this, for pullrequest it just says "The updated pull request. See the Pull Request entity sample."

So in other words if someone edited the PR title or changed the target branch, how can I tell from the payload that these were the actual PR fields that got changed?  Unless I'm missing something, the webhook appears to be sending the entire pull request payload and not just the "changed" fields.

Is there something I'm missing here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hello @Steve Muskiewicz ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid that at this moment, the Pull Request Updated event will indeed send the entire pull request payload to the destination, and not just the fields that were changed. As I understand it would be great to be able to identify what fields were actually updated, I went ahead and created the below feature request : 

I would suggest you add your vote there since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you @Steve Muskiewicz ,

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Steve Muskiewicz June 7, 2022

Thanks @Patrik S !  I appreciate the feature request, I will go ahead and vote for it and would encourage anyone else looking for this feature to do so as well!

Like Patrik S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events