Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a selected unwanted file from Bitbucket repository,without deleting complete repositor

naresh Kasthuri May 25, 2018

Hi

How to delete a selected unwanted file from Bitbucket repository,without deleting complete repository. I did'nt find any option for deleting single file from Bitbucket.

Also, Can i edit the code in Bitbucket by opening in Bitbucket? or i need to connect to repository and do a local update?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2018

Hi Naresh! You can delete the file by navigating to Source on the left side menu> Click on the file you want to delete > click on the ellipsis (. . .) on the right-hand side > Delete.

Similarly, you can edit files by going to Source > click on file > click on Edit on the right-hand side > Commit when you're done with your changes. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

Naresh_Kumar_Gautam March 17, 2020

Thanks for your response !! 

Its helpful for me :)

3 votes
Michael May 4, 2021

Hi

@Ana Retamal This solution did not work for me.

>>You can delete the file by navigating to Source on the left side menu> Click on the file you want to delete > click on the ellipsis (. . .) on the right-hand side > Delete.

I do not have the ellipse (...)

>>Similarly, you can edit files by going to Source > click on file > click on Edit on the right-hand side > Commit when you're done with your changes. 

I do not have the Edit option.

Can you advise please? Thanks,

John Herwig October 7, 2021

This didn't work for me either. Please update the answer!

Punit Arya October 12, 2022

Looks like the options and menu entries have changed.

Katrina Franzen Petry December 22, 2022

I agree. I don't see a way to edit or delete in my version

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events