Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new Workspace using Bitbucket API?

Milan991 March 18, 2021

I would need an option to create a new Workspace using Bitbucket API. I went to the documentation and didn't find a way to do it.

I'm interested if this is possible. If not, is there any plan for this feature to be implemented in the future.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Milan991 and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment.

I have created a feature request about this for our development team to consider:

I would suggest that you add your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Milan991 March 19, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale

Thank you for the answer. I've voted and started watching the issue

I would like to add one more feature request. The feature would be to enable the users to add members in the selected workspace thru the API.

Our project and development depend a lot on these two features so I hope that they would be added in near future.

Best regards.

Milan

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2021

Hi Milan,

At the moment, it is possible to invite members to a workspace via certain endpoints of API 1.0 that have not been deprecated yet.

Quoting from our documentation:

The 2.0 REST API will rely on the Atlassian Cloud Admin API for user and group management, but those API endpoints are not yet available. Until the Atlassian platform services are fully available in Bitbucket we will continue to support these 1.0 REST endpoints:

/1.0/groups

/1.0/group-privileges

/1.0/invitations

/1.0/users/{accountname}/invitations

Inviting a user to a workspace User group:

You can check this documentation, specifically the section Issue an invitation to a group:

Inviting a user to a single repo only:

It is also possible to get a list of user groups in a workspace, create new users groups and more with the following endpoint:

Please feel free to let me know if need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Milan991 March 22, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale

Thank you for the response. 

So, if I understand correctly those APIs are going to be available for Bitbucket V2 API in the future, and then I would be able to see it on Bitbucket API (atlassian.com)?

Best regards.

Milan

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

Hi @Milan991 ,

I don't believe that the endpoints will show in this link: https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/resource/.

They will most likely be listed here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-management/rest/api-group-users/ as they will be part of the Atlassian Cloud admin API.

Since this is going to be a major change when it is implemented, there will most likely be an announcement about it in our blog https://bitbucket.org/blog/ and in the Latest updates page of the Cloud admin API here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/organization/

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

amitprajapati.cmpn April 13, 2023

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Do we have any updates on this request?
I also believe it is really important from the Automation perspective of Atlassian Products.

I have already upvoted the issue.

@Milan991 Thank you for starting this thread.

Kind Regards,
Amit Prajapati

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events