cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a reviewer group?

Lucas Valente
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

I would like to create a group of reviewers for my teams in the company, but the only Cloud option is to create Default Reviewers.

The documentation says that the Reviewer Group option is available on Bitbucket Server, I would like to know if this exists on Bitbucket Cloud too, and if so, how do I create the groups?

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

Hi Lucas and welcome to the community!

It is not possible to create reviewer groups on the UI, however, we recently released the CODEOWNERS feature:

This allows you to create reviewer groups in a file named teams.yaml in your repo and then determine where these groups will be added in the CODEOWNERS file. Both files need to exist in a directory named .bitbucket in the repo and that needs to exist in the destination branch of the pull request.

The section Adding teams as code owners in the documentation I linked provides more details and an example.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Lucas Valente
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2024

Hello Theodora, thank you for responding to me.

Ah, ok, I understand.

I saw you added some new features for pull requests, like the ability to save a default description for PRs, which is really useful for us because we can add a code review guideline to projects.

So we are trying to increase our Code Review process, and I think it would be very interesting to have the option of creating a Review Group.

We have different teams in the company, so I think this feature is very interesting, just to better explain why.

Do you have plans to add this feature?

Kind regards,
Lucas.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2024

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for the feedback, it's good to hear that the default description for pull requests is useful!

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to add reviewer groups in the UI since the same functionality can be achieved with CODEOWNERS. With CODEOWNERS, you can define groups in the .bitbucket/teams.yaml file in the repo, or you could use workspace user groups instead (you could add user groups specifically for reviewers in the workspace's user groups, and then use them in the CODEOWNERS file).

Do you have a specific use case that the CODEOWNERS file doesn't help with?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Sabine Mayer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders