Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a pipeline in bit-bucket to deploy in test and production environments of beanstalk ?

msk134 January 19, 2021

Hi,

I want to create a pipeline in bitbucket to deploy(.zip file) in Elastic Beanstalk. I have two environments (Test and production), so when a developer push to the test branch the pipeline will make a zip file and deploy it in the test environment, and when we push code to the production branch bitbucket pipeline will deploy it in the production branch. 

Can we configure like this in a bitbucket pipeline?  

Thanks,

Sampath.

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi @msk134 ,

Have you explored using the AWS Elastic Beanstalk deploy pipe?  As @Oleksandr Kyrdan suggested you can use deployment variables to define `ENVIRONMENT_NAME` to be either test or production environment.

Cheers,

Justin Thomas

msk134 January 20, 2021

I saw that AWS Elastic Beanstalk deploy pipeline configuration. It is a good understanding to run pipelines. As you said define deployment variables in the pipeline, Can I run both environments in a single pipeline configuration(test and production)?

Thanks,

Sampath.

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi @msk134 ,

Thank you for your question!

It's a good case for the Bitbucket Pipelines Deployments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events