Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Pull-Request task using REST api

Bijoy Thomas February 6, 2018

Team

We are not in a position to install scriptrunner plugin and we need to add couple of tasks into all OPEN PRs using REST APIs. I'm unable to find any such API in the documentation.

Can you please help on this?

Thanks/Bijoy

3 answers

3 votes
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2018

The Bitbucket (Cloud) v2 APIs does not support this currently.

Someone created a feature request for that just recently, and I'd advise anyone that is interested in this kind of functionality to go vote for this issue or leave a comment about your specific use case.

0 votes
Wes H January 7, 2020

It looks like this is supported now - https://github.com/atlassian-api/atlassian-python-api/blob/0142cdf24fffcbe9a0bb6c1a34ecf6966a4802c9/atlassian/bitbucket.py#L735

Edit: creating pull request is supported , not sure about task

apologies I misread the question

Tyler Carter August 2, 2020

You might want to delete this, as its not actually relevant to the question.

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2018

Hi Bijoy,

It is already possible to add tasks to Pull Requests by performing a POST against the /rest/api/1.0/tasks REST API end point (see related documentation).

You'll first need to retrieve a comment id to hook the task to. You can either retrieve one of the existing comments or create a new one.

Our developers added more details on this request.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian Support 

Alexander Pirozhkov July 2, 2018

Are there any plans to support PR comments+task creation in API v2?

Asking since API v1 will be deleted on Dec 31.

Thanks

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2018

Hi @Alexander Pirozhkov,

The REST APIs for Bitbucket Server already allow to create both tasks and comments on pull requests.

Are you using Bitbucket Server (self hosted) or bitbucket.org (hosted by Atlassian)?

The endpoints above are related to the Bitbucket Server product, I originally thought that's the one you are using because ScriptRunner is only available for the server version.

To clarify the difference and the deprecation of the API version 1.0 and version 2.0, this only applies to bitbucket.org.

Does this help?

Caterina

Like Daz likes this
Alexander Pirozhkov July 3, 2018

Hi @Caterina Curti, thanks for explaining! Now I see that original question was for Bitbucket Server.

But in my company we use Bitbucket Cloud and we have a good case for creating tasks and comments on pull requests. Cloud REST API 2.0 do not allow this so far. Would be awesome to know if any plans exist for providing this feature or even to see some roadmap for Bitbucket Cloud REST API.

Thank you

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2018

Hey @Alexander Pirozhkov,

I'm more familiar with Bitbucket Server but let me try.

The feature requests for bitbucket.org are tracked here:

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues

I can see a recent one (with a comment from us) regarding tasks here:

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/15777/create-a-rest-api-to-retrieve-a-pull

I could not find one for comments and I can also see on the Bitbucket v2.0 API that there are no available end points for comments either.

Caterina

Alexander Pirozhkov July 3, 2018

Thanks for quick reply, @Caterina Curti. Nice links, I will look around there! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events