Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure email notifications using Microsoft office-365?

a2l December 30, 2020

I'm using `atlassian/email-notify:0.4.2` and trying to set build notifications using office365 but I am getting following error. 

Failed to send email to $BUILD_NOTIFY_USERNAME. Check your configuration settings: (535, b'5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [BY3PR05CA0008.namprd05.prod.outlook.com]'

Credentials are correct however I'm not sure what 'HOST' value should be used. I have tried it with following host values with no difference in the result

• outlook.office.com
  • smtp.office365.com
  • outlook.office365.com

As per IT team we don't allow external SMTP connections to O365 because Microsoft recommends against this for security reasons. We suspect this failure is because of it.

1. By default Bitbucket sends notification email to only commit author when pipeline fails. Is it possible to configure this field to a list of email addresses either at repository or workspace level?

2. Can someone recommend what is the best practice if we want to use O365 to send build notifications considering the recommendation from Microsoft?

3. Any guidance on what HOST value should be used for office365?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
yosser.mahfoudh September 29, 2023

Hello a2l,

Did you manage to use Microsoft 365 with the pipe notification ?

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hi @a2l  and welcome to the Community!

1. By default Bitbucket sends notification email to only commit author when pipeline fails. Is it possible to configure this field to a list of email addresses either at repository or workspace level?

Such notifications can be enabled by each user themselves, the following way:

1. Open the repository's Source page in Bitbucket website
  2. Select the 3 dots at the top right corner > Manage notifications
  3. Select Watch this repository and then Subscribe to notifications about all > select Pipelines

When a user does this, they'll get an email notification when a Pipelines build fails in this repo.

2. Can someone recommend what is the best practice if we want to use O365 to send build notifications considering the recommendation from Microsoft?

For this I am not sure, as it's something I've never set up myself, so I'll leave it for someone else to reply who has experience with this.

3. Any guidance on what HOST value should be used for office365?

As per Microsoft documentation here the value for HOST should be smtp.office365.com

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events