Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SSH run with password?

mklemarczyk August 21, 2022

Hello my hosting provider does not support ssh key for the ssh connections.

Can you describe how to use the pipeline ssh-run by Atlassian to connect with passowrd?

I need this feature to unzip the archive on the server.

I evaluate the bitbucket as alternative to Azure DevOps.

2 answers

1 vote
Rob van der Lee August 22, 2022

This question is not really related to Bitbucket/Pipelines in any capacity. Although, to help you get started I've found these two resources that should get you sorted.

Be sure to store your password in a secret. If you are able to it would also be good practice to setup a purposely created account solely for the purpose you are trying to achieve.

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hi @mklemarczyk,

I'm afraid that we don't support password authentication with the ssh-run pipe.

You can look into the links that Rob provided, and instead of using the ssh-run pipe, you can include commands in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file for connecting to your server and running the command or bash script you want.

If you want to use Pipelines that run in our own infrastructure, the builds run in Docker containers. If the Docker container you are using as a build environment doesn't have ssh and sshpass installed, you can install them during the builds by adding the installation commands in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, or you can create a custom Docker image with these tools and use that instead.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events