How to change the existing administrator and add a new administrator for the bitbucket account?

Deepa September 16, 2021

I joined a new account as a manager. But when someone try to add me into a repo, it is throwing an error that the maximum limit as per the plan reached.

I would like to see the plan details, current members etc. 

Is it possible to get some support for that?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2021

Hi @Deepa and welcome to the community.

In Bitbucket Cloud, repositories are owned by workspaces, and billing plans are tied to workspaces as well.

In order to be able to view plan details and members of a workspace, you need to be an administrator of this workspace (and not only an admin of a specific repository).

A workspace on the free plan allows a maximum of 5 users with access, and based on the error it looks that the workspace that owns the repo where they tried to add you is on the free plan and there are already 5 users.

What you can do is ask one of the administrators of the workspace to remove one user from the workspace (if there is someone who is no longer working on repos of this workspace) and then add you to the 'Administrators' user group of the workspace. Alternatively, they can upgrade the billing plan of the workspace to standard or premium plan, in order to be able to add more users.

These options can be found the following way for an admin of the workspace:

- Open the workspace on Bitbucket Cloud website
- Go to its Settings > Users on plan
- All users with access to the workspace are displayed, and it's also possible to remove a user from this page.

- Go to the workspace's Settings > Users groups
- The admin can find the user groups of this workspace, and add someone in the Administrators user group

- Go to the workspace's Settings > Plan details
- An admin can see the details of the billing plan and also change the billing plan from this page

The documentation page has details on the different billing plans.

If you have any questions or need further help, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deepa September 20, 2021

Hi Theodora,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Let me try this with the help of someone in my team.

As per my knowledge, we own a premium plan.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Deepa

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2021

Hi Deepa,

I checked in our system for any workspaces associated with the domain of your email address. I found one workspace on a paid billing plan, but I don't see any invitations sent to your email for that workspace.

Perhaps someone invited you to a repo of a different free workspace instead, that has already 5 users, which would explain the error.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes. If you like, you can also ask the user who sent you the invitation to leave a comment here, I can then check what workspaces they have access to and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Deepa likes this
Deepa September 20, 2021

Hi Theodora,

Thanks for checking and updating the details. 

I think the issue could be that there is no one there with admin right there. In that case, what could be the next step to add me there and make an admin?

Is it possible for you to check and update who all are there with admin rights?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Deepa

Deepa September 21, 2021

Hi,

I could manage this issue. Was able to contact the previous manager and he could add me.  I'm added in the bitbucket workspace and is an admin. 

Thank you for the support.

Best regards,

Deepa 

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2021

Hi Deepa,

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that this has been sorted out!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events