Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the email address for invoices?

Jan Albrecht December 11, 2018

We recently upgraded our bitbucket plan from free to standard. To my suprise i received an invoice at an email address redirection of an user who is inactive ever since. Where does this email address still exist and how to change it ?

appreciate your help 

jan

2 answers

0 votes
andpe161 September 25, 2023

The answer above is obsolete by now, but I think I managed to change at https://my.atlassian.com/products/index

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2018

Hello Jan,

There are a few steps which you need to complete to update your billing contact for Atlassian cloud. Those steps would be as follows;

View your billing information

To access your billing information, choose

image.png > Site administration, then choose Billing under Subscriptions & Billing

Once there, you can see the following details:

• the pricing tier your cloud products and apps are on
  • the total cost based on the current usage
  • your next billing period
  • the next payment date for your subscription renewal
  • which products and add-ons you're trialing or subscribed to.

Update the billing contact

To change who receives the billing invoices for your subscription, choose Overview in the left panel, then Make me billing contact.

The previous billing contact will receive an email to tell them about the change, but they won't receive future billing invoices.

To update the technical contact, see How do I update the Contacts for my Atlassian products?

Source document: Billing and user count

If you run into any issues, please let us know so we can assist with resolving this.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Mariya Ivanova May 11, 2022

Hi @Stephen Sifers , 

I have more or less the same issue described above BUT I want to get the invoices to a common team mail: accounting@examaple.com.

Your explanations seem to work only for the case when we want to change the billing and technical contact to another existing Atlassian account in our organization. Can you recommend a solution here?

Thanks in advance, 

Mariya 

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hello @Mariya Ivanova

This post is a few years old, but the steps do still apply.

With your use case, you'll need to create a new user at your Org level (They won't be a real user) and set them to be your "Billing" contact within your products. This would allow you to manage the emails through a central account. Ensure this user does not have product access and is only set to a billing contact (So you don't increase your billable user count).

We do ask you to ensure you have additional (more than 1 if possible) billing contacts in the event a workflow change on your end causes an email to be missed.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Mariya Ivanova May 12, 2022

@Stephen Sifers , 

Thank you very much for the prompt answer! All configurations are done, will expect now the invoices sent to the central account. 

Regards,

Mariya 

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events