How to backup the Bitbucket on cloud?

How to backup the Bitbucket on cloud?
Does Atlassian have a backup? Is it restorable? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Bitbucket Cloud is backed up regularly by Atlassian. Atlassian has the ability to restore from its backups but otherwise you should not have to worry.

If you are still concerned, Git is a Distributed Version Control System, you could always just sync your repository to other locations to back it up.

You can read about this more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=288658413

I hope that helps.

Like Massaioli, I'll assume you're running Git, but the same advice applies to folks running Mercurial:

Robert Massaioli [1]
> Git is a Distributed Version Control System, [so] you could always just sync your repository to other locations to back it up.

Better yet, remember that

1. Your Cloud repo is just a remote of your local repo, which is just part of your local work directory, which is (wait for it ...) on your local file system! which you should be backing up regularly! if you value your sanity.

2. Your local repo is only part of your local work dir. Your local work dir(s) should contain all code (wait for it ...) on which you are working. Your repos (local or remote) are not backups for your local work! They should only contain work that has been finished (e.g., tested). So you still need to backup your local work dir--i.e., your local filesystem--even if you have a remote repo.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,737 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you