Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid the problem that bitbucket's account verification window keeps popping up ?

Anubis Chen January 10, 2023

When downloading bitbucket repository through git bash,I'm sure there is no OAuth set under the workspace and two-step verification is not enabled either. 

But every time the verification window of bitbucket will pop up,Even if I include username in the download URL (username@bitbucket.org). 

In addition, 

I set "git config credential.helper manager", And save the account password in the credential manager of the computer in advance. 

But it seems that when downloading the repository of bitbucket,Neither access the credential,Always jump out of the account inquiry window.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Anubis Chen,

What kind of verification window are you seeing? Is it about OAuth authorization?

If so, this is most likely related to the configuration of the credential manager.

If the credential manager you are using is the following one:

then please check my reply to another post below with more info on how to disable OAuth and use Basic configuration only:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Anubis Chen January 11, 2023

We see this verification window.
We'll test the relevant link instructions to see if that resolves it. Thanks for your quick replyBBO.png

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

You are welcome, please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Anubis Chen January 29, 2023

Worked by GCM + wincred + basic + stopped all interactive ^^

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2023

That's good to hear, thank you for the update! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events