Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authenticate git request on my computer

grantnpowell August 2, 2022

I am attempting to pull code, and I am getting denied for authentication by Bitbucket. I have attempted to login using my username/password combo as well as my email/password combo. I have confirmed all my authentication information I am using is correct.

I recall something about authentication tokens, but I have not been able to find anywhere to issue these within the Bitbucket interface. I have looked in the following areas: 

Account/Security

Account/Preferences

Repo/Security

Repo/Settings/User and group access

Repo/Settings/Access Keys

THIS IS A FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS! Why does anyone use Bitbucket? I am looking for alternatives now, but I have an immediate need to get this working today.

I AM PAYING MY EMPLOYEES TO WORK WHO CANNOT GET THEIR WORK DONE BECAUSE OF ATLASSIAN'S FAILURES!

3 answers

1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hello @grantnpowell . Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Depending on your actions and how you connect to the Bitbucket server instance, you may need to set up an SSH key, App password, default password.

This page breaks it down.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/log-into-or-connect-to-bitbucket-cloud/

From what you say, you may need to set up an app password and then use that app password in place of your Bitbucket password  when you perform your git pull

Hope this helps

0 votes
grantnpowell August 4, 2022
0 votes
grantnpowell August 2, 2022

Still waiting, CANNOT WORK!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS