How to add others to have overall bitbucket account management?

AdamTAN January 12, 2023

I can see easily how to invite users to repositories, but I need to share my account with another manger who isn't a dev and isn't going to need specific repository access.  They just need overall management access.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

Hi @AdamTAN and welcome to the community!

An account cannot be managed by a different account, but a workspace can (repositories in Bitbucket Cloud belong to a certain workspace).

If you do the following:

1. Log in to https://bitbucket.org/
  2. Select your avatar (top right corner) > All workspaces
  3. Select Manage for the workspace where you want to add more users
  4. Then select User Groups

You can create a user group that has administrator permissions to the workspace. Any user you add to this group will be able to view the workspace's settings.

Please keep in mind the following:

• If this is your personal workspace (the workspace that Bitbucket created automatically when you signed up for an account), other admins will not be able to access the workspace's settings for APPS AND FEATURES (this includes the options for OAuth consumers and installing apps on the workspace)
  • Your user account will always have access to your personal workspace, no other admin can revoke your access

In order to avoid these limitations, you can create a new workspace (workspaces manually created by users are not subject to these limitations), transfer the repositories to the new workspace, and manage access there. There is an option to create a new workspace on this page: https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events