Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add branches starting with release under 'Branches allowed to deploy' in Repository settings?

I have more than 2 Release branches and will be more in future I want to add all the branches starting with Release to the 'Branches allowed to deploy' in repository settings-> Test environment, I am looking for any glob pattern, something like this : release/* , but not this as it is not working.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Gangadhar Malana and welcome to the community.

The glob pattern release/* should work if you are running builds based on branches and if the deployment step has the deployment keyword with the name of the environment where you set up this rule, e.g. like this:

- step:
name: Deploy to staging
deployment: Staging
script:
- echo "Deploy to staging"

• Could you please let us know how you have configured builds in your yml file for release/* branches?
    Are they running as part of the default pipeline?
    Or do you have a definition for
    branches:
      release/*:
    Or a different setup?

• Does the deployment step have the keyword deployment along with the name of the environment where you set up this rule?
  • When you say that this is not working, do you mean that commits in other branches trigger the deployment step as well?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

📣 Calling Bitbucket Data Center customers to participate in research

Hi everyone, Are you Bitbucket DC customer? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our team wants to dive deep to understand your long-term plans regarding Bitbucket DC and Atlassian Cloud. Do you plan...

233 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you