Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add branches starting with release under 'Branches allowed to deploy' in Repository settings?

Gangadhar Malana December 2, 2021

I have more than 2 Release branches and will be more in future I want to add all the branches starting with Release to the 'Branches allowed to deploy' in repository settings-> Test environment, I am looking for any glob pattern, something like this : release/* , but not this as it is not working.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Gangadhar Malana and welcome to the community.

The glob pattern release/* should work if you are running builds based on branches and if the deployment step has the deployment keyword with the name of the environment where you set up this rule, e.g. like this:

- step:
name: Deploy to staging
deployment: Staging
script:
- echo "Deploy to staging"

• Could you please let us know how you have configured builds in your yml file for release/* branches?
    Are they running as part of the default pipeline?
    Or do you have a definition for
    branches:
      release/*:
    Or a different setup?

• Does the deployment step have the keyword deployment along with the name of the environment where you set up this rule?
  • When you say that this is not working, do you mean that commits in other branches trigger the deployment step as well?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events