How to Recover my Account

Jerome Miranda July 18, 2017

I formatted my PC. Meaning, all existing ssh were deleted. And then I also formatted my phone so my 2FA authenticator was also deleted.

Now I can login using my email and password but I can't proceed since I don't have the 2FA code.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Your 2FA on your 'phone should have been attached to the number, albeit with a key that you may have destroyed.  You should be able to re-do the 2FA on the phone if the number is the same.

If not, then you'll need to get in touch with support over at https://support.atlassian.com

Jerome Miranda July 19, 2017

Thanks for the response. Yeah that's what I expected but no. There is no setting for bitbucket to connect to a phone number.

Also I used Google Authenticator which doesn't have any backup.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Ah, I was afraid of that.  Without GA, I think you're stuck, and need to get in touch with support.

Jerome Miranda July 19, 2017

Alright, thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events