Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the pipeline use an HTML report in the build and make it available for review

Wassim Drira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 19, 2021

Hello, 

I use pipeline to make the dependency check to find vulnerabilities in dependencies 

pipelines: 
custom:
generateVulnerabilitiesReport:
- step:
name: Generate Vulnerabilities Report
caches:
- maven
script:
- mvn compile org.owasp:dependency-check-maven:aggregate

Then, an HTML report is generated, shown in build console as follows: 

[INFO] Writing report to: /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/target/dependency-check-report.html

My concern is how to make this report available to be reviewed later and be shown the pipeline result. 

Thanks for your help 

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2021

Hi @Wassim Drira ,

You can add the following in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, in the script that generates this file, after the command that generates it:

- cat target/dependency-check-report.html

When a build finishes, if you expand this command in the Pipelines log, you will see the content of this file.

Is this something that works for you?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Wassim Drira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2021

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I am looking for better solution to make report readable on the execution result. 

best regards

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2021

Hi Wassim,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure what are the contents of this file, but if the issue with the 'cat' command is html tags cluttering the output, you can try using a text-based web browser, like lynx or w3m.

You can install either of these tools during the Pipelines build and then display the contents of the report. If you're using in Pipelines a Docker image based on Ubuntu, you can do the installation and display the report by using these commands in your yml file:

w3m:

- apt-get install -y w3m
- w3m -dump target/dependency-check-report.html

lynx:

- apt-get install -y lynx
- lynx -dump target/dependency-check-report.html

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS