Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is bitbucket repository size calculate and things to consider while migrating from SVN to Git

Rachir Bulsara May 5, 2020

Hi,

I want to migrate from SVN to Git and create my account on bit bucket. So, I was evaluating bitbucket cloud pricing options. But, I found that it has the repository upper limit of 2 GB, beyond which I won't be able to push anything on bitbucket. Now, my problem is that few of my repositories are already above 2 GB some are as big as upto 8 GB.

So, what is the best way to deal with such problem? Also, I have read about Git LFS which I can use to store binaries or asset files. But I am not sure doing that will also bring the size below 2 GB as the repositories I want to migrate to bitbucket are quite old and have a very large history.

So, I also want to know how much such history adds to repository size? Also, does bitbucket only considers code and assets for calculating repository size or it also considers the history in calculating repository size.

Another option is to go with bitbucket server or data center. Do these options also have such repository size limit? If yes, what is the maximum repository size for bitbucket server and data center. Also, while using Git LFS with data center how much space is available for LFS? Can I increase that space? If so, what is the cost of it?

Knowing these things will really help me in considering which options to choose from.

My another query was regarding "Smart Mirroring" support with premium account in bitbucket cloud. So here does the cost of "Smart mirroring" is already included or I need to pay something extra for that? I read that for setting up mirror, I need to host standalone bitbucket server. So do I need to pay extra for this standalone server? Also, will LFS work with this standalone server set up to mirror the repositories on cloud?

Thanks,

Rachir

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events