Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the ticket (issue key) count after an import has occurred? Does it skip those ticket #'s?

Kyle May May 11, 2018

Let's say I import a CSV file with 10 tickets numbered 11 through 20. Will new tickets in Jira Service Desk start counting 1 through 10, skip 11 through 20, and pick back up at 21? If not, will this cause an issue after the first 10 tickets are created in Jira? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Ticket #s in JIRA are assigned by JIRA and cannot be set during an import. And they are always generated in sequence. If you already have 10 issues, you will see that the next issue in the import will get 11.

You can control the starting number by editing a value directly in the database but I wouldn't do it unless the number is really key to your process.

Kyle May May 14, 2018

I ended up assigning each ticket an Issue Key on the import. I mapped my field to the Issue Key field and started with 18 all the way through 23,870. I created a custom field for the legacy ticket number. However, I am not sure that field is searchable. I'm going to have to research the searchability function. Thanks.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Depends on the custom field. You can add a searcher to the field and then do a reindex.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events