Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you send an invite after adding a user?

bcblair July 22, 2021

Bitbucket is so confusing. I have added a person to a group but they have not received their invite. How do I invite a person I have added to a group?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

Hi, @bcblair! Welcome to the community! 

In order to invite a user to your workspace, you can either add them to a group or add them to a specific repository. The first time you add them, they should receive an invitation to join your workspace. 

In case a user hasn’t received the invitation, it could be related to a block on the server on this email. This can occur when the system tries to send an email to the user and the account does not exist yet, is not activated, or it rejects the email for some internal reason. In this case, we can remove the block from the address. 

With that said, I checked the users you have invited to your workspace and none of them are blocked, so I would like to ask you to remove the invitation and send them a new one. You can do this by following the next steps:

• Access the workspace;

• If you invited the user to a group:

• Go to Settings > User groups;

• Access the group they were invited to;

• Remove the invitation and add the email again to send a new one.

• If you invited the user to a specific repository:

• Access the repo > Repository Settings > User and group access

• Remove the invitation and add the email again to send a new one.

In case they still don't receive the invitation, could you ask them to check if the email was not sent to a Spam folder? Or aren't any quarantined emails on the server (spam filter)? 

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional questions regarding this subject.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events