Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you fork a user group from a different team?

Steve Penza September 27, 2019

I have a repository that currently has permission granted to a user group associated with my user (as pictured below).

2019-09-27_1325.pngTo allow others to add/remove users from this user group, it is my understanding that it needs to be replaced by a user group associated with a team (opposed to my individual user).

I've created a new team & new user group, but I'm not able to replace the "forked" user group. The "add" button under groups doesn't do anything when I click it. An admin from the team that owns this repo also tried, and the "add" did open a modal. But the model did not provide any option for adding a user group from a different team.

Note that creating the new user group under the same team that owns the repo is not an option.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hi Steve!

We have recently removed the ability to use groups across different teams, which is why you see the text (forked from *) added to the group name. A team admin should be able to add new groups to the team, which can be used in the repository. If you are still having troubles, feel free to create a support ticket for us to better assist you.

Thank you for reporting!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events