Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see user activities on BitBucket

Sandla Kene January 31, 2020

Hi,

I want to see the activities done by BitBucket users (i.e. the number of pull requests, commits) per user.

The active user count exceeds the number of developers in the organization where we want to see what each person is doing when they login to BitBucket.

We can see users active users (last login) and inactive users (never logged in). We just want a full view of each user's activities even it shows 0 committs and zero pull request.

How can we pull this view?

Regards,

Sandla

2 answers

1 vote
Anastasia Voronova February 5, 2020

Hi @Sandla Kene,

There are a couple of ways how you can find this information with Awesome Graphs:

1. You can look at the personal profile of each user and see the number of his contributions (commits+pull requests) for the last year.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 16.55.48.png

2. If you want to retrieve the data about all users at once, you may use exporting to CSV to find the list of commits and pull requests of all users made to all projects and repositories. That will show the data for the last three months.

3. We're currently working on developing the REST API feature. It'll be possible to retrieve the statistics for all developers for a larger period of time. If you want, I will let you know when it's available. Approximately in the first quarter of this year.

Thanks,
Anastasia

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

Hi @Sandla Kene,

I don't know of anything that is provided by default in the BitBucket Server UI to show the information you are looking for.  However, you can get the information you want one of two ways.

1) You can write your own script against the API following the documentation here: https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/6.10.0/bitbucket-rest.html

Or

2) There is a paid app (which has a free trial) Awesome Graphs which gives you the information you are looking for: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210934/awesome-graphs-for-bitbucket-server?hosting=server&tab=overview

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events