How do I run pipelines one at a time only

Eugene Oleinik May 2, 2017

I don't want to have multiple pipelines run at the same time. Instead, I would like new pipelines to wait for the running ones to finish.

2 answers

0 votes
Appu Mistri January 24, 2020
0 votes
SebC
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

Hey Eugene,

pipelines are designed to trigger and run on every commit to specified branches/tags.

I'm curious to know more about your workflow, why do you want to avoid running multiple pipelines?

Eugene Oleinik May 25, 2017

Hello Sebastian,

We have code deployed to our staging servers upon every commit to develop branch.

In situation when two commits are put into develop quickly one after another, two deployment processed are started almost simulateously and interfere with each other.

I have overcome this problem by setting up a lock mechanism in our deployment script using flock command.

Eugene Oleinik May 25, 2017

Thanks for asking anyway :)

cleristonbernardes January 17, 2019

I found this one because I am having the same issue.

@SebC the new pipeline should wait the current one to finish before being triggered. The reasons are very simple (pre setup) and this behaviour is pretty much standard across the tools which provide CI/CD as service.

I am sure this matter will be given the right attention.

Regards,

Cleriston

Like Sumanth Anumolu likes this
sreeram_anikodemahadevan October 11, 2023

@Eugene Oleinik Could you explain how did you setup the flock command? We are having the same issue as you have described

We're on windows platform any thoughts on alternatives to flock on windows?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events