Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I obtain an HTTP access token from a bitbucket repository on bitbucket cloud

Deleted user December 16, 2021

I need to create an HTTP access token for a repository which allows me to pull modules from it while building a nodeJS application in another repository.

This was done in the past by using a personal access token from one of the employees and I want to change that.

I refered to this article " https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/personal-access-tokens-939515499.html " in which the steps are stated as follows: 

Create HTTP access tokens for projects or repositories

HTTP access tokens can be created for teams to grant permissions at the project or repository level rather than for specific users.

To create an HTTP access token for a project or repository (requires project or repository admin permissions):

1. From either the Project or Repository settings, select HTTP access tokens.
  2. Select Create token.
  3. Set the token name, permissions, and expiry.

The problem is in my repository settings, I can't find "HTTP access tokens".

I'm using Bitbucket cloud whereas the article refers to bitbucket Server, does that make a problem? If so, this option isn't available in bitbucket cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to the community!

The feature you mentioned in available in Bitbucket Server only.

In Bitbucket Cloud we have app passwords, however, they are associated with a certain Bitbucket Cloud user (not with a project or repository):

If you want an authentication method that is not tied to a certain user, and you only need to clone/pull, you can use Access keys instead:

Access keys are SSH keys that can be added to one or multiple repos, and they provide read-only access to these repos.

Do any of these options work for you?

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deleted user December 26, 2021

Hi Theodora, Thank you for answering.

Actually I went through with the SSH option and I have got a few blockers there too, I posted a question about it, could you please review it?  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Use-multiple-SSH-keys-in-your-pipeline-not-working-for-me/qaq-p/1895795

Kind Regards,

Mohamed

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2021

Hi Mohamed,

Sure, I will review your other question and answer there.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events