• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I move a bitbucket repo from one project to another project in the same team

Seems like an obvious thing to do but I can't see how you do this on the web UI. We have created an Archive project and want to move archived repos to this project, how do I do this?

2 answers

@Konstantine Gaspar

1. Navigate to the repository you want to add to your project.
  2. Click Settings in the sidebar.
  3. Select the project from the Project menu, where you want to move the repository.
  4. Click Save repository details

screenshot.png

Thanks for the prompt answer Kurt, and sorry for the delayed reply :( 

I discovered that I didn't have the authority on my teams account to make the changes, which explains why I couldn't figure it out. At least now I can tell my boss how to do it. 

Again thanks, much appreciated.

I have a lot of ptojects, but the UI is bugged, showing only 10 of them in dropdown.

What can I do if the project I need is not in the dropdown?

Like # people like this

I also see this problem so I can't move my repositories to the project that I need to

darius_v I'm New Here Nov 13, 2020

I also created new project but in dropdown I cannot see it :(

Receiving the same issue, was anyone able to solve this? i.e. i'm also only seeing 10 projects in the dropdown

laouris I'm New Here Jan 14, 2021

You are right. The pop up populates ONLY TEN projects.
SOLUTION: start typing inside the project field the name of the project you wish to move your repository to and it will show -;)

Like Shean Hoxie likes this

The same here, I can only see a limited amount of projects

this is very annoying and certainly if the project you have selected in PUBLIC instead of PRIVATE !!!!

The bug has just been corrected!

Still a bug.  I only see 1 of 3 projects.

@laourisis the correct answer. Click the drop down, and then start typing the name of the project you want to transfer to, it will start to populate with new results as you type

This is obviously a bug, was working before with no issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

451 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you