Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move a bitbucket repo from one project to another project in the same team

Konstantine Gaspar November 27, 2018

Seems like an obvious thing to do but I can't see how you do this on the web UI. We have created an Archive project and want to move archived repos to this project, how do I do this?

6 answers

5 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

@Konstantine Gaspar

1. Navigate to the repository you want to add to your project.
  2. Click Settings in the sidebar.
  3. Select the project from the Project menu, where you want to move the repository.
  4. Click Save repository details

screenshot.png

Konstantine Gaspar November 29, 2018

Thanks for the prompt answer Kurt, and sorry for the delayed reply :( 

I discovered that I didn't have the authority on my teams account to make the changes, which explains why I couldn't figure it out. At least now I can tell my boss how to do it. 

Again thanks, much appreciated.

MaturiczIvan October 15, 2020

I have a lot of ptojects, but the UI is bugged, showing only 10 of them in dropdown.

What can I do if the project I need is not in the dropdown?

Like # people like this
RobertSkip_Davis November 5, 2020

I also see this problem so I can't move my repositories to the project that I need to

darius_v November 13, 2020

I also created new project but in dropdown I cannot see it :(

Tash Tan January 13, 2021

Receiving the same issue, was anyone able to solve this? i.e. i'm also only seeing 10 projects in the dropdown

laouris January 14, 2021

You are right. The pop up populates ONLY TEN projects.
SOLUTION: start typing inside the project field the name of the project you wish to move your repository to and it will show -;)

Like # people like this
abdelkrim January 31, 2021

The same here, I can only see a limited amount of projects

this is very annoying and certainly if the project you have selected in PUBLIC instead of PRIVATE !!!!

abdelkrim January 31, 2021

The bug has just been corrected!

jsweeter March 11, 2021

Still a bug.  I only see 1 of 3 projects.

Savvier Dev March 13, 2021

@laourisis the correct answer. Click the drop down, and then start typing the name of the project you want to transfer to, it will start to populate with new results as you type

Like # people like this
Ronald Bolante May 29, 2023

Does this also move the commit history across?  Just wanted to be sure before I do anything drastic.  Thank you.

2 votes
Developer At Insight
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2023

Easy to miss, but you can now just change the project field on the repository directly.

Go to:

Repository Settings > Repository Details

and

Select the Project you need from the dropdown

(below the Repository Name field in the centre of the page at the moment).

1 vote
MiraKopecky November 26, 2020

This is obviously a bug, was working before with no issues.

0 votes
v8lust January 7, 2023

A year on and there appears to have been a UI change, previous guidance

1. Navigate to the repository you want to add to your project.
  2. Click Settings in the sidebar.
  3. Select the project from the Project menu, where you want to move the repository.
  4. Click Save repository details

Settings now appears to be "Repository Settings". The target project is not available on the selection window, nor can it be found when I type the name?

0 votes
Spirillen July 4, 2022

I'm also trying to move a repo from one project to another within the same workspace.

When I do add the new workspace ID "123" and clicking transfer nothing is happening in the destination project for accept transfer.

0 votes
Nina Barzh December 27, 2021

Still a problem ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events