Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I migrate users in bitbucket from internal directory to Active Directory?

Asra Nousheen April 26, 2018

Atlassian Bitbucket v5.5.0

There are 1000 users existing in BitBucket internal directory. 

Now we have made bitbucket LDAP authenticated.

The users in internal directory also exist in AD. 

I would like to stop using internal directory and start using the users in LDAP.

Can anyone suggest me a solution to how to migrate users from internal directory to an AD or any other solution which wont cause duplication of users.

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hi @Asra Nousheen,

Making it short, they can't be 'migrated', but 'merged'. For that to happen, each user's username should be exactly the same in both directories, and the LDAP directory must be the first in the User Directories list.

See:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 13.11.46.pngIn this screenshot above, note that the internal user User Three, whose username is user3 and email is user3@testing.com has a personal repository.

I have created a similar username in an LDAP directory with same display name and same username, but different email (user3@myldap.com), re-synced the directory in order to import this user, and logged in.

As can be seen below, it was recognized as the same user and was able to find the personal repository, and its email was updated:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 13.12.27.png

I hope this helps!

Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events