Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the test report scanner read reports from one path?

Dagoberto J_ Ortiz September 29, 2021

I have an issue were Maven/BitBucket are reporting 3 times the amount of tests results that I actually have. This is because the test report scanner is getting the information from several different directories. How can I configure the pipeline so only one report can be read by the Test Report Scanner?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Dagoberto J_ Ortiz and welcome to the community.

The test report file scanner will begin searching from the base directory of your build /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build and it will look for tests in any of these locations:

./**/surefire-reports/**/*.xml
./**/failsafe-reports/**/*.xml
./**/test-results/**/*.xml
./**/test-reports/**/*.xml

You can find more info on our documentation here.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to specify one path where the tests are being read from and exclude some of the above locations.

If you have test reports in the locations above that you don't want to be taken into account, is it possible to move them to a directory outside of these locations?

We have a feature request for what you're asking in our issue tracker:

You can leave a comment with your use case in that feature request for our development team to take into account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dagoberto J_ Ortiz October 4, 2021

Hi Theodora!

I appreciate your answer. Can you tell me how I can move these reports out of these locations so I can just have the one source?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi Dagoberto,

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Maven, so I don't know if and how that would be possible.

Are these reports generated by Maven during the build? You mentioned that you see 3 times the amount of test results you have. I assume then that there are 3 XML files generated for the same tests?

If that's the case, then I believe the direction to look into would be a) if this expected behavior for Maven and if all these 3 reports are needed b) if there is a way to configure Maven to generate only one, or generate some of the reports in a different location.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events