Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I logout of bitbucket?

Ian_Waddington June 7, 2020

I was asked to create a bitbucket account to help with some testing which I did, it seems I now have an atlassian account.

How do I logout?

Every time I open a new browser window it is logged in to bitbucket yet I cannot find the logout button, it must be there so any help appreciated.

Regards

** UPDATE ** - The lack of logout button only occurs on my iPad (Safari), on my iMac (Safari) I have a logout button. 

*** UPDATE *** but the logout button seems to log me out and back in again, what is going on, I just want to logout, I do not want my account to remain logged in.

What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Try this link: https://id.atlassian.com/logout

Deleting your browser cookies might help as well.

Ian_Waddington June 9, 2020

@Tyler T 

The link appears to log me out, it takes me to an Atlassian login page but if I open a new window and type bitbucket.org it takes me straight back to my repository as though I'd never been away.

Hi, I have tried deleting the cookies, it makes no difference.

Also, If I in Bitbucket there is a an icon in the bottom left-hand corner with my initials in, if I select it there is a logout button, but all it does is clear the screen, a few things flash up (to quick to read) then I end up back in my repository in bitbucket.

It really does not want me to logout :-)

Thank you for your help. 

Like Tyler T likes this
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Unfortunately there is an existing bug with Safari on desktop/laptop computers, it is documented here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-20211

The workaround is:

Uncheck Privacy->Website tracking->Prevent cross-site tracking option in Safari browser

There is also a logout bug in Safari on iPad along with your issue about the profile icon.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-20134

The team is working to fix these issues. For now, I would try the workaround in addition to visiting the logout URL directly on your iPad.

Ian_Waddington June 9, 2020

@Tyler T 

Thank you, I will wait for the bugs to be addressed though I would have expected the priority to be higher than low as not being able to logout poses a security risk.

Thank you for your help

Regards

jaffaskree July 2, 2020

I have a similar problem with Firefox on a desktop computer.

The logout button on Bitbucket quickly opens the Atlassian signout window and closes it immediately, so I'm still logged in.

Trying to manually open the Atlassian signout page doesn't work (Bitbucket logs me in automatically).

Putting the Firefox Tracking Protection off doesn't work.

Clicking logout and then clearing cookies was the solution for me.

Manthan Radia July 15, 2021

Bug not fixed!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events