Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I grant a group access to all repositories in a bitbucket project?

dthistlewolf February 21, 2019

I would like to give a certain Group on my Bitbucket Team access to all repositories in a Bitbucket Project instead of granting access to each repository in that project one by one.

I am using bitbucket cloud.

2 answers

0 votes
Pham Duy Hoan August 25, 2023

For someone who is still looking for the answer:
When I go to "Repository Permission" for a project, we will have a link go to "project permissions" Then we can assign all repositories for a specific group there
Link of "Project Permission" : https://bitbucket.org/<your_workspace_name>/workspace/projects/<your_project_name>/settings/permissions
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 15.17.57.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 at 15.18.09.png

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Doug,

You can do that by adjusting the settings for your group as explained at Grant repository access to groups.

Once you do that, your new permissions will apply to the existent repositories as shown in the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 11.26.52.png

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

@Ana Retamal I know this is old, but I'm asking here rather than creating a new post on the off chance that I'm missing something.

I believe your response above only applies to access groups that already have a set permission to specific repos; changing the group's default access level will ask if you want to change it on all existing repos the group has access to.

I have a workspace with several projects in it; each project contains dozens (some have hundreds) of repos. I recently had the request to create a new user group that has admin access to all of the repos in a single project. 

When I created the group, I set it up as having Admin access, but it shows that it will have admin access to all "new" repositories (which I believe means repos created after the group was created.) It did not give me the option to update access to all repos, and by default it does not have access to any of the existing repos.

How can I grant this new group admin access to all 150+ existing repos in this project?

Like # people like this
Freddy Andersen April 7, 2021

I think you would need to click very many times :( I wish there was a project permissions area just like there is in the on-prem version of bitbucket.... Managing a large team with 100s of repositories is a nightmare... 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@Freddy Andersen the good news is, this is on the roadmap; the bad new is, it's not due until Q3/Q4.

There's also an open ticket you can vote for and follow.

Joe Gomez August 6, 2021

This is the most frustrating thing about Admin of Bitbucket.  How do you add hundreds of repos to a new group? I suspect there's some api scripting method that's beyond my abilities that an engineer could figure out.  You should be able to create a group, click on the name and display all the repos on the repo tab and select all on the ones you want to add/enable for the group.  Groups has to be the most poorly engineered feature on bitbucket.  The current checkbox feature only allows for 20 at a time.  "Reduce the number of repositories to no more than 20."  Seriously!? 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events