How do I disable emails from Bitbucket?

Carlos Massiah July 27, 2022

Bitbucket spams emails for new Pull requests and updates when pull requests are changed. I already have workflow in place to see these changes.

There's not any option I can see to manage email preferences in Bitbucket (e.g. which emails I do and do not want) and neither, apparently, is there an option to disable emails entirely.

I'd prefer be able to toggle emails, but at this point it's just so spammy I just need to get rid of it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Massiah August 18, 2022

You can disable email completely under your Personal Settings > Notifications and click Disable Email. This will disable Bitbucket email notification to your mailbox.

by Syahrul in comments on other thread. 

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2022

Hey @Carlos Massiah 

G'day!

I believe you may have enabled the repository notification watch; hence you are getting the notification when PR is created/changed.

You can review your notifications for the Watched repository by following these steps:

1. Navigate to Personal Settings
  2. Open the Notification tab - This tab will list out the repositories, PR you currently subscribe/watch for email notification
  3. Click Manage on the Repositories
  4. Locate the repositories you wish to opt-out from email notifications and click the Eye Icon to un-watch the repository. This should remove you from email notifications on the repository and stop you from getting further PR creation and etc.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Carlos Massiah July 29, 2022

I am not set to watch any repositories in bitbucket. I get an email on PR's that involve me. I don't want any emails from PR activity. I already have workflows in place for that. 

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2022

Hi @Carlos Massiah 

Noted. Thanks for clarifying.

Unfortunately, we don't have a feature to select what activity notification you wish to receive on a Pull request you watch now.

The workaround is to un-watch the pull request, which will stop the email notification from that specific PR. Do note that this will turn off any notification on this PR, including merging, approval, and other activities.

We have an old feature request on this, but it has been determined as low priority and unlikely to be worked on soon.

Let me know if you wish to open a new feature request on this.

-

Syahrul

Carlos Massiah August 1, 2022

I don't want to receive any notifications from Pull requests at all, or any emails from bitbucket at all.

How do I stop bitbucket spamming me?

The only thing I can consider is a blanket block of it.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2022

Hey @Carlos Massiah 

You can disable email completely under your Personal Settings > Notifications and click Disable Email. This will disable Bitbucket email notification to your mailbox.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Carlos Massiah August 18, 2022

Thanks this works. Sharing your answer to mark the question resolved. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events