Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect to bitbucket server in Visual Studio 2019?

nutbolts January 27, 2021

I use Visual Studio 2019 and want to see how I can connect to bitbucket server with it with some helpful steps or guide?

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @nutbolts ,

Welcome to the community!

Please read and follow this article

https://zhengwu.org/bitbucket-server-integration-with-visual-studio-code-on-windows/

I hope it will solve your issue!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

nutbolts January 28, 2021

I saw that guide but it refers to visual studio code which I see has a plugin for atlassian, however my question was around the IDE Visual Studio 2019. If anyone know of an extension which works with bitbucket server then do let me know

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021
sriprasanna.mg December 9, 2021

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM 

The extension you mentioned seems to work for Bitbucket cloud not for data center.

Also for cloud, the extension is very primitive and quite buggy. I cannot make inline comments and the comments loo weird. No side by side diff is available. Are there any plans from Atlassian to create a good plugin for Visual Studio? (not VS Code)

robert February 25, 2022

I agree.  I would love to see a video or detailed example (or better yet a trivially simple to JUST USE extension for Visual Studio 2019 IDE).

We use BB Cloud and although I added the extension for Atlassian BB, I cannot even be sure where it interacts with Visual Studio.  It seems to hijack the Git Source Control extension.  Sometimes it seems to work with cloud but most often it just fails to even recognize changes.

Greg Burns February 25, 2022

@robert  I tried that extension with VS 2019 originally but I don't think it even necessary anymore. I don't have it installed in either VS 2019 or VS 2022 and commit to BB Cloud all the time.

As I recall though the key to getting that extension working was it wanted a token not an actual password to login. You can make a token for you account from inside BB Cloud. 

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens

But, like I said, with the latest versions of 2019 and 2022 I don't think I need it installed at all.

If I have a BB repo cloned to my machine, VS just appears to work with it naturally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events