How do I connect Bitbucket slackbot to a repo for a user without making them admin?

Dandandan September 17, 2020

I would like to have Bitbucket slackbot send DM notifications about Pull Requests directly to a user but I do not want to give them admin privileges to do so. I would like to set it up for them. How can I achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hello,

I'm afraid that it is necessary for a user to have admin access to a repository in order to create DM subscriptions. At the moment, a DM subscription is not possible for non-admin users.

We have a feature request for what you are asking in our issue tracker:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link), as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Please note though that we don't provide ETAs and implementation of new features is done as per our policy here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/new-features-744721668.html.

In the meantime, the workaround I can suggest would be to set up these notifications in a Slack channel that the user is part of.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dandandan September 21, 2020

Thank you for clarifying! I have voted and I hope this feature will become available to us soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events