There is no "change password" tab in the settings menu. :(

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2018

You change your Bitbucket password via your Atlassian Account page.

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2018

@aaron armstrong skomra,

Please reference the Atlassian support documentation on resetting password: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/change-your-password-139416.html

Hope this helps!

aaron armstrong skomra July 30, 2018

Thanks, I'm trying to change it for bitbucket. Specifically I want to update my password on bitbucket for use from the terminal with git. I'm sorry that wasn't clear but I didn't realize I was leaving bitbucket for confluence when I clicked "ask a question" or whatever.

(BTW This is my work account and I've never had any trouble with my regular bitbucket account which is not linked to a confluence account).

When I try and change my password in Confluence at the page you suggest,  it appears that it is not the same password as bitbucket "Your current password is not correct."

I know that this password is correct for bitbucket because I just used it in the shell.

Thanks for your time.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2018

@aaron armstrong skomra I moved your question into the Bitbucket threads. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events