I created a branch manually in svn, and would like to add a similar branch in bamboo. How do I set up the branch path such that the build only occurs when changes in the branch happen? I only see 2 fields: "Display Name" and "Branch Description". Where do I set up the svn dir to point to the branch? Does babmboo assume the "Display Name" is the branch name as well?
No, Bamboo does not assume "display name" == branch-in-the-svn. AFAIK to setup a branch build with SVN repository you need to:
* go to the plan 'branches configuration' page, hit [create branch] button
* display name = however you would like the branch to be seen in Bamboo - I'd recommend using last chunk of svn path
* branch description = whatever
* hit [create] button
* now you need to go to newly created branch "source repository" configuration page/tab
* and there you need to override master's repository settings - there you should manually specify branch svn url.
Does this help?
As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs