Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ban a user from a workspace?

benlubar April 24, 2022

My Bitbucket Cloud workspace is getting repeated comments from a user who is harassing the developers working on the project. Is there a way to ban that user from commenting?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2022

Hi @benlubar ,

anyone with write permission can comment so, if you need to block that user, verify that he has not write permission on your repo/project.

Fabio

benlubar April 24, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

This user definitely does not have (and has never had) write permission to the project. I recently disabled anonymous commenting on the project due to the harassment, and they have gotten around it by creating an account.

Thanks,
Ben

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2022

is that repo public?

benlubar April 24, 2022

Yes.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2022

Please could you share your project/repo permissions?

benlubar April 24, 2022

Screenshot 2022-04-24 03.10.06.pngScreenshot 2022-04-24 03.13.56.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2022

If the issue tracker is public so anyone can add a comment. You have no chance to avoid that user to add comment because he can create a new account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events