Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign an issue to the workspace admin?

trekhopton December 18, 2022

When creating issues on our repositories I want to add the workspace admin as an assignee. Unfortunately when typing the username or display name of the admin exactly into the assignee field, the user doesn't show up. All other teammate users do. This used to be possible months ago, but for some reason just doesn't work now.

I don't know if this is a bug or somehow this is how it's supposed to work and there's a setting I need to change. I have looked at permissions and the workspace admin is obviously admin, I also am an admin.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

Hello @trekhopton ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

All the members that have access to the repository should indeed be able to be added as Assignee in the issue.

Please note that workspace admins do not necessarily have access to all the repositories in the workspace. This will depend if the groups that the Admin is part of were given access to the repository in question.

In this case, I would suggest testing the following : 

1. Add the Admin user with direct access to the repository by going to Repository Settings > User and Group Access > Add members
  2. Clear all the cache/cookies from your browser and refresh the page

Once you complete those steps, you can try adding the admin as an Assignee again in the Issue and let us know how it goes.

Thank you, @trekhopton .

Patrik S

trekhopton January 12, 2023

Hi Patrik, 

Thanks for your response! I tried clearing the cookies and cache and adding the admin via repository settings > user and group access > add members. Unfortunately I got an error message when trying to add them as admin saying that they already have admin access (although they aren't shown on the list.). Here's some images to help with this issue.

ausoceandev2.pngausoceandev1.pngAusOceandev3.pngausoceandev4.png

As you can see, I still can't even find the user to add them, despite being able to see all other teammates and external accounts suggested in the assignee field.

Any further help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Trek.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hello Trek,

I did some internal refresh on that user. Could you please try again and let us know if it's now being shown in the suggestion list? 

If it still not showing, I'd suggest logging in with the account you are trying to assign (AusOcean developer in this case) and leaving a comment on the issue, so this account gets prioritized in the suggestion list. You can then log in back into your account and try assigning the issue again.

Thank you, @trekhopton !

Patrik S

Like trekhopton likes this
trekhopton January 17, 2023

That did the trick!

I can now assign issues to the workspace admin.

Thanks heaps!

Like Patrik S likes this
trekhopton October 11, 2023

Hi @Patrik S , 

I have seemingly encountered the same issue now on our other repos:

bitbucket.org/ausocean/iot

and 

bitbucket.org/ausocean/utils

Any chance you could perform another internal refresh?

Cheers,

Trek.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
October 12, 2023

Hello, @trekhopton !

The internal refresh is actually in the user account that is not showing up on the list. I've executed it for the user you initially shared in this question. In case it's for a different user, please let me know :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events