How do I add user to BitBucket project and manage user access?

Slava Fomin II April 14, 2017

I have a project with multiple repositories. How do I add a user to the project so she could access those repositories. How do I manage access permissions for a project?

I can see such options for a team and for repository, but now for a project.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2017

Hi Slava, are you in Bitbucket Server or Cloud?:

• If you're in Server you can manage project permissions as explained in the article Using Project permissions
  • If you're in Cloud the permissions work differently. You must have a Bitbucket team to use projects and then you can organize your users in groups within the team to decide which repositories will they have access to. You can learn more about this at Projects and Bitbucket Cloud Teams.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Slava Fomin II April 16, 2017

Hello Ana! Thank you for your reply. I'm using Bitbucket Cloud and I indeed have a team with two projects. Is it possible to organize users by projects inside of a team, i.e. to specify access permissions for projects? Or do I need to create a group for each project and to assign users and repositories manually?

David Lin June 6, 2019

Hi Slava and Ana,

I also have the same question. In my case our organization operates like a "large company with separate teams, as described here

I have multiple projects, each with numerous repositories. I would like to give access to an entire project, and limit a specific group to have permission to only the repositories in that project. I do not see any settings under the project to set access by user group. Can you advise?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events