Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add pipeline name to the email notification

Viktoriia Kuznetcova July 27, 2021

Automatic email notification that bitbuckets sends you when pipeline fails contains: project name, repo name, last commit. But not the pipeline name!

Is there any way to add/extract that information? I know there is an email-notify pipeline, which provides a bit more flexibility, but I cannot use it due to not having an email server in the company that allows external access (we die with MS Office 365, ugh), and there is no slack in the company either, so I have to rely on getting notifications as a repo subscriber and then auto-foward them to relevant people depending on prod/test pipeline. Hence, not having the name of the pipeline in the notification sucks.

Any ideas how to work around it? Do I give up and write a custom pipeline?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi, @Viktoriia Kuznetcova! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please clarify what you mean by pipeline name? Currently, as you said, we have the workspace, the repository name, the commit, and the commit message in this email.

So could you confirm what is the field you would like to add to the notification? You can add a screenshot of this field on Bitbucket. 

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Caroline

Viktoriia Kuznetcova July 29, 2021

Hi Caroline! Thank you for your response!

In the bitbucket-pipelines.yaml you specify the names of the custom pipelines, which you can then refer e.g. when choosing which pipeline to run. This is the field that I mean. I have underlined the examples of where it is shown in the GUI.

Because the same tests run in test environment and in production, the only difference is the pipeline name (pipeline configuration points to the correct environment specific config to use). This is why having a pipeline name in the notification email is valuable for our team.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 13.12.39.png

Like Caroline R likes this
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Hi, @Viktoriia Kuznetcova

Thanks for the additional information. I’m afraid we currently do not have a way to add the pipeline name for custom pipelines to the email notification, however, I understand that this would be really important for your team, so I've created a feature request to add this to the notification:

I've linked your question to this feature. Please consider adding yourself as a watcher, this way you get updated as we make progress with this. 

If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here: 

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Like Viktoriia Kuznetcova likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events