How can my bitbucket account automatically accept repository invitations?

madprog February 7, 2022

Hello,

Is there a way to automatically (or programmatically) accept invitations to new repositories?

I would like people to be able to add a given Bitbucket user to their repository, so that my service can access the source code via this account, and publish the releases to an application store.

On GitHub, I can access the list of invitations via an API call, and accept them via another.
For my use case, the ideal would be a checkbox on my user profile (such as Automatically accept all repository invitations), or similar API calls, but I could find neither (yet).

A similar question has already been asked two years ago, but still has no answers.

2 answers

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2022

Hi @madprog 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you! Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Unfortunately it's not possible to accept the invitations via the website or via API, the only way to accept invitation is via email.

Currently we have a feature request for this as you can see in the link below:

BCLOUD-21449 - Accept Invitations in User Interface

Our development team will give a first-hand update on that ticket if there's any progress made so I would suggest keeping a watch and vote for it.

Do note however that there's no ETA on enhancement request, and all enhancements are implemented with this policy in mind: Implementation of New Features Policy

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

Hi @madprog 

Welcome to the Community!!

There is no API at the moment!!

Earlier endpoints are deprecated (https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/invitations-endpoint)

Please check with Atlassian Support on what they are really doing with APIs

Here's the last update from them on the same

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/announcement-06-08-18-new-v2-apis/

Thanks

madprog February 7, 2022

Hello Pramodh,

I have seen the 1.0 invitations endpoint, but from what I have understood it only manages the invitations from the inviter's point of view, and only in order to create new invitations via a POST.

I have tried to invite a user, and the `GET /1.0/invitations` returns an empty JSON array for both the inviter and the invitee, so I guess that I cannot use this.

Thank you for your answer, though :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events