Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can add app password to GitAhead

montte February 2, 2022

Hi,

I'm using GitAhead in my Manjaro, and i don't know how can i add Bitbucket App Password.

I have created App Password but when i try to create new Bitbucket account returns authentication error.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
montte February 9, 2022

Hi Theodora,

I'm not sure that i gave all permissions and i create new app password.

I try again but same result. Authentication error.

Screenshot_20220209_130534.png

What can i do?

Thanks,

Evgen1y August 10, 2022

Hi! You should use this generated password and your username which you are using for cloning repo git clone https://username@bitbuсket.org/.../foo.git (not your mail or label of this app pasword or full name).

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

Hi @montte,

I'm not very familiar with GitAhead, but it is possible that the app password you created doesn't have enough permissions for the operations that are performed.

I downloaded the application to test this and I tried to add my Bitbucket Cloud account. When my app password had only repository permissions, the authentication failed. However, it succeeded with an app password that had Account:Read permissions along with Repositories permissions.

I would suggest creating a new app password with both Account and Repositories permissions and see if that works for you.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events