Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the aws-lambda-deploy pipe to update $LATEST, not create a version

Drew Heasman February 2, 2021

I want to update a Lambda function, without publishing a new version. Is there any way to do this in the aws-lambda-deploy pipe, or will I need to do this without the atlassian pipe?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

@Drew Heasman @Francis Poulin welcome to try our new version (0.8.0) with new variable

PUBLISH_FLAG: '--no-publish'.

Hope you' ll find this useful.

Contect us in the case of more questions.

Regards, Galyna

Francis Poulin May 21, 2021

Good news! Thanks for the feedback.

0 votes
Drew Heasman February 5, 2021

So I ended up scripting this instead of using the atlassian pipe so that I could provide the --no-publish flag

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2021

@Drew Heasmanhello!

By default, aws lambda update the latest (look at the first aws example https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/lambda/update-function-code.html#examples).

If you want to manage versions in lambda, this is separate functionality https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-versions.html , but I think also can be adapted in our pipe.

I think for now you just need to use aws-lambda-deploy pipe with variables, like in the first example of section Examples in our pipe's README https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy/src/master/README.md .

Contact us in the case of more questions

Regards, Galyna

Drew Heasman February 5, 2021

I ended up scripting this instead of using the atlassian pipe so that I could provide the --no-publish flag

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2021

@Drew Heasmanglad that you figured that out.

If we support this in the pipe, would it be more handy for you instead of using the script?

We think that this case is quite often

Francis Poulin April 19, 2021

@Halyna Berezovska 

This feature would be very useful!

In our case, we'd like to be able to deploy our dev branch on AWS Lambda $LATEST for testing purposes. However, we'd really like to be able not to create a new version each time there an update on dev. 

Scripting it can be an alternative, but a bit of a pain when you considered that it could be a flag in the bitbucket pipe. 

I hope you'll support that in a near future ;) 

Cheers

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2021

@Drew Heasman @Francis Poulin check out the new pipe's version (example below). Looking forward to seeing your feedback!

script:
  - pipe: atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy:0.8.0
    variables:
      AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
      AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
      AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
      FUNCTION_NAME: 'my-lambda-function'
      COMMAND: 'update'
      ZIP_FILE: 'my-function-code.zip'
      PUBLISH_FLAG: '--no-publish'
Like Francis Poulin likes this
Francis Poulin June 11, 2021

I'm happy to see that this was implemented. I just tested it and it answers to our needs! Good work

Like Halyna Berezovska likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events