Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use ssh without password?

ALTELMA June 4, 2017

Look like this is a simple question?

But I try to config many times and doesn't work.

I check with

ssh -T git@bitbucket.org

I get message "logged in as {Account name}."

When I try to pull my code to server still say "Permission denied (publickey)."

Anyone can suggest or help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Sawyer June 5, 2017

You should be able to add ssh keys to your bitbucket account as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/add-an-ssh-key-to-an-account-302811853.html

Is your issue that you have done that and it is still not working?  

ALTELMA June 5, 2017

I found the problem. Refference from this

https://serverfault.com/questions/483891/ssh-to-bitbucket-returing-permission-denied-publickey

But I not sure how to fix? Can you infom this?

Rodney Sawyer June 5, 2017

Based on that it seems that using "git clone" uses root permissions.  Sounds like the easiest thing to do is just use sudo

sudo -u myuser git clone .........

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Let's hold off on sudo for a bit, please. (It may not help, and it may make things worse.)

You can add the GIT_SSH_COMMAND environment variable to individual git transactions to see details of the SSH session itself:

GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -v" git clone git@bitbucket.org:mirror/linux.git

You can use GIT_SSH_COMMAND with any network-based transaction (push, pull, clone, ls-remote, etc.) as long as the transaction is SSH-based. (It won't do much good to play with the SSH command if you're using HTTPS to connect.)

It's also possible that the repo in question doesn't permit your user access. You can confirm that by visiting that repo in your browser; if you can see code there, then you should be able to clone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events