Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update git from inside the bitbucket docker container ?

Florin Moraru June 17, 2018

The know issue

SSL Certificate problem: unable to get local issuer .... shows up when I try to import from a git repo that is signed with letsencrypt certs. 

From this topic https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/ssl-certificate-problem-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate-816521128.html ...  I try update the git inside the container, but with no success. I also searched for any other instance of git inside the container and configured them as well but still with no success. 

Can someone suggest the correct way to configure the git service from the docker container?

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hello Florin

You may take a look at the external resources below in order to upgrade git in a docker container:
* Update Git version
* git-server-docker

As a workaround, you may want to try the options mentioned in the git client mentioned on the SSL certificate problem KB

Regards
Rodrigo

Florin Moraru June 21, 2018

Hi Rodrigo, 

As an update on this, I did import them manually. I was able to set up git client to ignore the certificate validation on multiple versions of VM's ( not containers ),

The steps were:

Create a new project with the same name in bitbucket (for simplicity). make sure you have the same keys registered in both servers.

git config --global http.sslVerify false

git clone ssh://git@[old-git-domain]/[project]/[git-project-name].git

git remote add bitbucket ssh://git@bitbucket.domain.com]/[project]/[same-git-project-name].git

git push bitbucket

I believe the same process would be done from inside the container, as I can see in the logs that is trying to connect to the server and fails with the the error present in the ticket.  

I suggest to still keep the question up as the solutions are not for the bitbucket container.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events