Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell the difference between a pull request comment created and updated?

Richard Montanje November 3, 2020

Hi all.

In the documentation it says "with an event key of pullrequest:comment_updated" and "with an event key of pullrequest:comment_created".

But I can't actually see the difference between the 2 in the received events other than comparing updated_on to created_on. Which isn't waterproof either because on a new comment the updated_on and created_on aren't identical either.

Is there anyone that can nudge me in the right direction?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hi Richard,

The payload you receive should contain headers about the event.

The header x-event-key is set to pullrequest:comment_created when a PR comment is created and pullrequest:comment_updated when a PR comment is updated.

You can check all headers and the body of a request on Bitbucket site as well if that'll help you see what I'm talking about.

If you go to Bitbucket Repository Settings > Webhooks > then select View requests for your webhook and then select Enable History. Next time that there is an event, you can see it listed there and select View details for the event.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Richard Montanje November 17, 2020

Hi Theodora,

Thank you for your reply. It seems I have been blind and didn't think it through that the body and headers are 2 seperate things. I have some trouble getting the headers with PHP, but I'll have to figure that out myself.

Thanks for your clarification on the issue!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

You're welcome Richard, glad to have helped!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events