Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I see all of a user's recent activity in Bitbucket?

Bitbucket has a "Recent activity" feed for each user. Is it possible to see all the activity for a user?

2 answers

The short answer is no. You cannot view any sort of aggregated activity log for Bitbucket users as of this writing.

The answer given by Ana Retamal is misleading because she appears to be talking about when you're able to see the last commit for individual files in a public repository, which is not what is being asked for.

To be clear, this is what we want:

github-activity.png

Thanks @pixelbath

I would also like this feature in Bitbucket.

Like # people like this

Any news on this? I'd like to see this feature as well.

Hope, the Bitbucket team adds this functionality? Elementally monitor their performance and activity.

It would be cool to compare the activity of commits and pull requests with your team.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2017

Hi Eric! If the user has public repositories, you'll be able to see his recent activity in the right side of the screen when you visit their profile and click on the repo which activity you want to see. However, you won't be able to see al general activity for a given user.

Hope that helps,

Ana 

Like # people like this

However, you won't be able to see al general activity for a given user.

@Ana Retamal

But earlier it was possible to see user activity in common shared repositories. Why you deleted this opportunity?

Like # people like this

Agreed. Also, Github has this...

Like # people like this

As a team manager, I would very much like this feature to see team activity within our repositories...

Like # people like this

I agree with @John Kroetch , as a manager it's important to be able to see team member's activity and report on PR success. @Thomas Schlegel  how do we get Atlassian on this?

Like Gennady Zlobin likes this
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Aug 20, 2019

Hi @Rose Ahearne ,

I'm not a Bitbucket expert, so I can't say anything except that you should raise your feature request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Potential employers often ask to see a GitHub profile.  It would be nice to make the switch here knowing that efforts are publicly displayed (programming languages, commit frequency, etc).

Like Jake Tyler likes this

@fisnik_labsavvy awesome graphs doesn't appear to provide what the OP is asking for. BBS provides a "My Activity" page but it only shows commits and repo/PR creation, and merge type events. It does not show things like PR reviewing activity (like added as reviewer, marked "Needs Work", etc).

I would like to see Bitbucket provide ALL user activity the way Jira does. This is useful for retrospective time reporting. (Helps a dev to go back and really see what they did at times)

that link is the closest thing I found to make up for the missing referenced functionality. Its functionality  doesn’t come close to what’s needed to create a full picture of a developer’s code commit history. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,804 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you