Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I manually (no e-mail invitation) add a user?

Panos Konstantinidis April 5, 2023

Hello,

OK this might sound like a strange question, but how do I manually add a user (no e-mail invitation)? I've been going through the settings but I cannot find how to do it.

The idea is that I want to add a user that will be used exclusively for CI/CD.

Thank you

Panos

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can not create a user without an email address.  

There is a "cheat" I use for this sometimes - gmail (and other systems) allow you to set up distinct aliases for a mailbox, and if you use one of these, the Atlassian account system sees it as a separate email.

So, say you've got pk@gmail.com as a simple account, try inviting pk+cicd@gmail.com. 

You'll get the email, so log out the Atlassian systems you're logged into now, and use the link in the invite to confirm that you want to use the new account.

Panos Konstantinidis April 5, 2023

Thank you for your prompt reply Nic.

I thought so but I hoped maybe I was missing something. Yes I will probably use the gmail trick, or maybe a temp e-mail address.

Thank you again.

Regards

Panos

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

I would caution you against using a temporary email address - if anything goes wrong, you won't be able to recover the account, and you'll have to redo everything from scratch.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events