How can I logout all active sessions in Bitbucket?

How can I logout all active sesstions in Bitbucket? The app used to have a key for this functionallity, but I can not find it anymore.

Thank you

25 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Pavel! You can see all your active sessions by clicking Avatar > Bitbucket Settings > Sessions. There's no button to log out of all of them, you can only log out of the current one. We can, however, clear your sessions on your behalf, let us know if you'd like that and we'll do it for you.

(Note that I'll look for a Bitbucket account linked to the email address you used for submitting this question. If you'd like a different one you'll need to contact us using the other email address.)

I look forward to your response!

Hey Ana

Can you please clear out my sessions also?

I forgot to logout from one of the public machines. If you can do that for me, I will be grateful.

Thanks

Sameep

Hi Ana

Can you do the same for me as well.

I have logged on a remote machine and now don't have access on that machine any more.

Please help me on this

Thanks

Ranveer

Done @Ranveer Singh Saini, and thanks for raising the new question :)

Best regards,

Ana

@Sameep Singhania yours have been cleared also!

Cheers,

Ana

Please, clear out all my sessions as well.

Thank you.

I have also logged in at public machine and forgot to logout, can you please logout my account from all active sessions.

@Ashutosh Mishra, your sessions have been cleared too :)

Hi Ana,

Thank you very much for your help, I just want to clear all those open session that you have done, nothing else I want.

Regards,

Ranveer Singh

Hi Ana,
I'll need to clear my bitbucket active sessions from client IP 81.45.171.61

Hi Xavi, I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. When we send the order to clear sessions, it's an "All or nothing", so all open sessions will be cleared. 

Do you still want me to go ahead with this?

Cheers,

Ana

Yes, I'm still being interested even if it means clearing all sessions.

Thank you very much.

@Ana Retamal Ortiz Please, clear all my sessions.

Hi Ana Retamal Ortiz, Please clear all my sessions. I forget to log-out from two systems and not getting any remote log-out option in my profile.

Galleon I'm New Here Feb 03, 2018

Please clear mine as well. :)

@Nikhil Kumar, your sessions have been cleared!

@Galleon, your sessions have been cleared too!

Please clear mine as well. :)

Done! Sessions cleared.

Sachin I'm New Here Mar 09, 2018

Please clear all of my sessions

Done @Sachin!

Have a nice day,

Ana

Hi @Ana Retamal Ortiz, please clear all my sessions as well as soon as possible. Thanks!

Sessions cleared, @Felipe Martinelli! ;)

Hello @Ana Retamal Ortiz, Please clear all my sessions ASAP.  I also request you to add this features as well.

Hi @vikash parajuli, your sessions have been cleared. If you'd like to have this functionality, you can vote for our Feature request at Give customers ability to kill sessions

Kind regards!

Ana

Hey @Ana Retamal Ortiz, clear also my sessions please.

Hi @Fulop Sandor! Your sessions have been cleared too.

Have a nice day :)

Ana

Boy D'Poy I'm New Here Mar 05, 2018

I totally agree!

I don't have an avatar in the bitbucket.org website anymore.  Therefore, there is no way to logout.

Hi @John Abraham, what do you mean you have no avatar? Avatars are now on the bottom left corner of the screen. If you can't find it, please send us a screenshot so we can see how your interface looks.

Cheers!

Ana

I am also unable to see the avatar but I am on a mobile device. 

The bit bucket web UI is not mobile friendly (neither are most Atlassian products I have used) and it seems to be cut off and unreachable no matter what I do).  

Doesn’t matter how I pinch / zoom in / out. Can’t see it. Thus can’t find a way to logout on mobile.

96823C00-E20F-4F22-B600-C4FF86ADC6FD.jpeg

BF2EA871-E1EB-4B50-AEEF-D4691DFD84A7.png

Is there a URL that can be used?

Also, can you report this mobile issue so it can be fixed?

https://bitbucket.org/account/signout/

That works in cases where you can’t find the avatar or sign out option for an individual device. Won’t clear sessions on other devices of course.

Can also try wiping browser history, cookies and alike mostly.

Hi @Ben, thanks for letting us know. I've just tried it on my mobile and I couldn't see my avatar either, I had to zoom in and then scroll down to be able to see my avatar. I'll pass this feedback to the team.

Regarding clearing out the sessions, that's not possible for the end user, but you can always contact us and we'll do it for you. We have a Feature request for that, though, and you can vote for it at Give customers ability to kill sessions

Thanks again!

Ana

Please, clear all of them for me. 

Thank you.

Your sessions have been cleared, Pavel! Is there anything else we can help you with? :)

Cheers,

Ana

I also want my session cleared. Does this ensure that devices that have my credentials saved locally won't be able to login again?

Hi! I've also cleared the sessions for you.

Note that if you saved your credentials locally in another machine, we won't be able to delete them. We can only interrupt currently active sessions.

Let us know if you have any questions!

0 vote

Hey Ana!

Can you please clear out my sessions also?

Thanks!

Thank you!

0 vote

Hi please clear my active session too

0 vote
vkryl I'm New Here Nov 28, 2017

Mine too.

Done! :)

I'd like my sessions logged out too. :)

Your sessions have been cleared, Stefan :)

Can you clear my sessions too?

Thank you.

Sessions cleared!

0 vote
bartezza I'm New Here Dec 05, 2017

Hello, can I ask to have my sessions logged out?

Thanks!

Your sessions have been cleared :)

Have a good day!

Ana

Hello Anna, @Ana Retamal Ortiz
Kindly ask you to clear all of my active sessions in Bitbucket.
I'm trying to push changes but I'm always getting 403 Forbidden, because of too much invalid password attempts.
I have already tried to change my password.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @Kononchuk Bohdan, if the reason why you want your sessions cleared is that you have too many failed attempts at login in, clearing the sessions won't help. Clearing sessions will just close current sessions that are open in the browser, so if you accidentally didn't log out from the browser whoever comes after you can not access your account.

Can you give us more info about it so we can help? Are you getting that error in the command line? Can you send us a screenshot? Could it be related to 403 while accessing https.

Cheers!

Ana

Thanks for quick reply. @Ana Retamal Ortiz
So I'm using IntelliJ IDEA (Environment for Java Development). When I was applying -push or -pull commands there was always bitbucket's pop-up window with input fields for email and password. 
Every time I entered there correct email and password - it always fails. Then I have the ability to enter it again using an embedded environment's console (command line), and I typed there the same data and it was ok.
Once I filled in email and password in that pop-up bitbucket form any data to skip it and use the embedded environment's command line as usual - it shows me the error.bitbucket-error.PNG

@Ana Retamal Ortiz

So can the Bitbucket Team somehow help me?
Sincerely,
Bohdan

Hi @Kononchuk Bohdan! As your question turned to be something entirely different from the topic we're dealing with here, I'd recommend you to post a new question so we can focus on your issue and help you with it.

Cheers :)

Ana

Ok, guys.
Firstly I thought that the root of the issue is somewhere in Bitbucket service or in my IDE (IntelliJ IDEA). But the problem was in Windows. It caches my bitbucket credentials, and once I was trying to interact with the Bitbucket - seems it substitute the credentials with cached.
To solve this:
Windows -> Control Panel -> User Accounts ->
Credential Manager -> Windows Credentials.
Find there corresponding values and change them to correct ones.

Hy,

If a had role admin can i clear my session by myself?

Hi Jessica! You're always an admin of your own Bitbucket account :) At the moment is not possible for users to clear their sessions, you'll need to contact us s owe can do it in your behalf. We do have a Feature request for that, and you can vote for it at Issue #9270.

Alternatively, you can change your Bitbucket password which will clear close your open sessions everywhere. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

0 vote

Hi! Can you please clear out my sessions also?

Thanks!

Your sessions have been cleared @Luis Inchausti!

Have a nice evening :)

Ana

Thank you!

0 vote

Hi Ana, please clear out my sessions too.

Done @Sagar Pahwa! :)

Cheers,

Ana

tnk u :)

Hey Ana
Please clear out my sessions too.

Sessions cleared @Shubhankar kotnala :)

Regards!

Ana

Doesn't work for me...

Hi @jessica-capuozzo-2, what doesn't work for you?

0 vote

Hey Ana,

Can you please clear my active sessions too?

Thanks

Hi @Manish Motwani, sorry for the delay! Your sessions have been cleared!

Have a good day,

Ana

0 vote

Hi Ana,

Can you clear my active sessions too? Thanks in advance.

@Kimsan Lim, your sessions have been cleared!

Thank you so much :)

0 vote

Can you please clear out my sessions?

Hi @Andres Pinto, your sessions have been cleared too :)

Hi @Ana Retamal Ortiz Can you clear my sessions too? Thank you :)

Hi @Antonio de Jesús Pérez Bautista, done! 

Have a good day :)

Ana

Can you clear all of our sessions for us please?

Done! Have a good day :)

Ana

0 vote
And Art I'm New Here Apr 11, 2018

Please clear out my sessions

Done! :)

And Art I'm New Here Apr 11, 2018

Thanks

0 vote

Hello @Ana Retamal Ortiz Please clear all my sessions too. Thanks in advance. 

0 vote
Subodh Gairola I'm New Here Monday

Hey, can you please clear all of my current sessions... Cheers, Subodh

Ana Retamal Ortiz Atlassian Team Tuesday

Your sessions have been cleared, @Subodh Gairola!

Cheers,

Ana

0 vote
ogomandco I'm New Here Wednesday

@Ana Retamal Ortiz: I think its evident, this feature is in high demand. It should be in queue for development. Requesting to have sessions cleared is a bit untenable in the long run.

Thanks and have a great day.

Hi! If you want to show interest for this feature, please add your vote to the Feature request Give customers ability to kill sessions. In the meantime, the only way to clear them is by contacting us. Alternatively, changing your password will also close all your open sessions. 

Thanks for your feedback and have a good day you too!

Ana

0 vote

Hi Ana,

Please log out all my session too!

Thank you!

Done @Taherali Sonkachwala!

have a good day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,773 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you