Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the count of commits, Tags, Filecount and PullRequests from Bitbucket private repo?

Nagaraju Doddi April 14, 2020

Hi, 

I migrated a repository from bitbucket to github so as part of validation i want to check the count of total commits, tags, filecount, branches and PullRequests of Bitbucket private repository? Is there any API or plugin to get these details ?

1 answer

1 vote
Anastasia Voronova April 15, 2020

Hi Nagaraju,

It's possible to use the Awesome Graphs app which is free and visualizes the number of commits added by each developer.

This Bitbucket REST API query returns the list of commits in a repo so that it's possible to count their number.

Same can be done using the following Git command and count the lines it returns

git log --oneline --all | wc -l

Hope it helps!

Nagaraju Doddi April 15, 2020

Thank you for the response. I installed Awesome Graphs before but it shows only  the details for each developer but i need commits count for a repo. 

But Thanks the git command worked i can able to pull all the commits and to make sure again that this command will get all the commit count for a repository for all branches or a single branch ?

Nagaraju Doddi April 15, 2020

one more thing i am trying to pull the above metrics (count of commits, tags, PR's, files , branches) remotely. I don't want to download to my local and run git commands

Like Vitaliy Rosankevich likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events